Saturday, July 16, 2011

First Half Marathon tomorrow!

I am running/walk...hoping to finish and be able to drive myself home, my first 1/2 marathon tomorrow. I haven't been training very extensively. The farthest I have EVER run was a 10k...2 years ago. Oops.
On good days I think, "Eh, its run/walking for 2 hours. I can do that." On bad days I think, "Ack, its 13.1 freaken miles...on foot!"
We'll see how tomorrow pans out. It is a little pathetic that my husband is out of town and I literally have to drive myself, do it and go home alone. Sort of sad for a first day out. But, it also makes me feel powerful, confident, capable. I can do this. I am strong on my own.
Fingers crossed the baby sitter gets here in time. Arranging childcare, without overstaying your welcome with your sweet friends, is tricky with 3 kids.
In other news, I've have a big shift in head space. I'm really into working out, heavy lifting, fast running. Challenging my body and using it what it was meant for aka not being a sedemtary lump. And let me quickly clarify, really into, I mean really into watching CrossFit videos online, googling Britney Spears abs ala 2004, reading up on vegan recips blogs.
I want to get there. But I am not there...yet.
I am starting to come out of the new baby, how do I manage life funk. Ev is 8 months, rocking solids, sleeping, happy! I feel like I can leave her and go get my workout on. Or run with her and not mess up naptime too much. It is a liberating feeling. And I feel like I was 'trapped' at home, eating, being lethargic for too long.
I am only 31..I still have time to rock a bangin' bod!
Looking forward to the future...well, maybe the future starting around noon tomorrow.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment