Friday, July 29, 2011

Success feels great!

I've been really 'good' this week! 3 meals, vegan, no snacking and no after dinner eating. I read somewhere to use the phrase "The kitchen's closed!" after dinner. For me, it is a better way to say "No eating after 8". Just sounds more positive and firm as opposed to a rule.
I felt so bleh after my California trip and I know it had to do with the physical aspect of the junk I was eating and the ridiculous amounts...but it also had to do with the emotional aspect. I didn't feel good because I wasn't eating well and I continued to not eat well because I wasn't feeling good about my food choices.
It was weird to feel good visiting with friends and family but feel junky knowing I wasn't eating well. It felt like I was hiding something. Hence I do sometimes sneak food and it leads to such complex, opposing feelings.
Eh, anyway. No more. I weighed 188 this morning and the 'high' from a good weight loss is invigorating. I had a good eating day. I'm feeling good about what I am eating and the example I am setting for my kids (although I ate all of the hummus and they didn't touch it, at least they were exposed to it right).
Also, only a week in and I already ran into my first vegan 'conundrum'. I had dinner with a sweet couple who are vegatarians. They made cheese raviloi and I didn't feel the need to push the issue of no dairy. I'm still in my initial stages and although I'll eat the way I want at home or when I cook, I have no desire to push it on others. I might feel differently later. The first of many moments, I am sure.
Big weekend with two social events and the in-laws visiting. I really, really, really hope to stick to my guns and stay with three meals, no snacks this weekend. Would LOVE to wake up to 186 on Monday morning!!
165 I'm gonna getcha!

No comments:

Post a Comment