Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Turn!

'allo there, I'm the kid sister in this dynamic duo. I'm at a point of quite a few transitions in my life, and if I'm not careful, a lot of things can easily fall through the cracks as life starts to get busier and busier. This blog is mainly about accountability, and my late-is-better-than-never start is just one of many things that I need to stay on top of. I have another blog I write in about my travels (currently about three months and four trips behind) and a thesis that needs to be completed by December, which would be easy enough if I weren't starting a new job teaching first graders in Cairo in about three weeks. The job is exciting and with it comes a whole list of fun activities like planning for retirement and paying off my student loans and just generally learning to budget. I also need to budget my time, balancing date nights around Cairo with all the reading and writing I need to do to finish my degree.

Nobody ever asks you if you want to be an adult, one day they just start sending you bills.

So I'm part of the follow through to make sure that this transition goes as smoothly as possible. The next couple of years likely involve graduating with a Masters degree, moving back and forth from California to Cairo, maybe getting married, paying off debt, and traveling. I also want to get in shape (this summer has included quite a bit of Sweatin' to the Oldies with Richard Simmons - highly recommended) so the occasional fitness goal will make its way in here too. Like doing a breast cancer run around the pyramids in October? It's written down here now, all I need to do is the follow through!

Cairo is three weeks away at this point. I have some research and writing to do, some more weight to lose (I'd like to be in the 160s before I go back), and some new people to meet (first impressions AND a follow through!).

Let's do this.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear more about the run around the pyramids!

    ReplyDelete