Friday, August 12, 2011

In it!

Ok, I am literally in a personal hell right now. Eric has been gone for 12 days, kids have not napped, house looks like a tornado, I have to pack for Hawaii and Eric just missed his flight. I have not handled it well. As in, I have yelled "Get the F outside!" to my children and have been spooning peanut butter and chocolate chips into my mouth for the last 30 minutes. This is a high stress time and a missed flight just pushed me over the edge.
I wish I was stronger. I wish I had another outlet besides taking out all of my frustrations on my children. I wish I did not procrastinate and had finished packing Wednesday night like I had planned.
I am trying to step back (and blog) and get some perspective. I just texted Eric that we are lucky there was a later flight, it is payday, he missed the flight because he was getting us our new house (yay!), we are headed to Maui tomorrow, and we have 3 amazing children and a fabulous marriage. Thinking about all of these big things that are wonderful help...and I am putting my expectations on hold and spending the next 2 hours with my kids (and my computer:).
#1 goal for the week...no more F-bombs with the kids. Pathetic, I know. But that is where I am this week:(

No comments:

Post a Comment