Wednesday, August 24, 2011

you would think...

...that focusing on work, working out, and sleep would be good for me. instead i've somehow worked myself into exhaustion and gotten myself some sort of stomach bug. i guess the four hours a night working on cutting out letters and coloring has gotten to me. also probably something in the Egyptian water. either way, the combination knocked me out today. i was hoping to make it to the weekend (which is only Friday for me this week, work on Saturday, but then a week off) but spending so much time awake last night left me exhausted when it came time for my alarm to go off. at least i followed proper procedure and totally checked in with my supervisor and everything. now i just actually have to go find a doctor here so that i don't lose a day of pay.

other than that, everything at work is going well - i've made adorable construction paper trains and cars and roads and put up displays all around my room. there's really not much more i can do except lesson plans (which we are covering together tomorrow) and wait for my class list so i can write the kids' names on all of their books (which i lugged up to my room yesterday - 30 sets of 14 books) and the welcome board and the cubbies and the back of their chairs. that class list is kind of important.... but we don't get it today so i still feel like i'm in a good position even with a day out.

i guess i just need to focus more on what my body needs, stop eating crappy egyptian pizza every day and drink more water. i can't even imagine what life will be like with the students!

No comments:

Post a Comment